- The core contains a substance which imparts a bitter taste in the mouth or has an unpleasant odour.
- The core contains a substance which is unstable in the presence of light and subject to atmospheric oxidation. i.e. a coating is added to improve stability.
- The core is pharmaceutically inelegant.
- The active substance is coloured and migrates easily to stain patient’s clothes and hands.
- The coated tablets are packed on a high-speed packaging unit. The coating reduces friction and increases the production rate.
- To modify the drug release profile e.g. enteric coating, sustained release coating, osmotic pumps. etc.
- Separates incompatible substances by using the coat to contain one of them or coating a pellet which is subsequently compressed into a core before coating.
- Sugar coating (any mixtures of purified water, cellulose derivatives, polyvinyl, gums and sugar)
- Film Coating (purified water, cellulose derivatives)
- Particulate / Pellet Coating
Manufacturer and Supplier of Tablet Coating Machines
Many solid pharmaceutical dosage mediums are produced with coatings, either on the external surface of tablets, or on materials dispensed within gelatine capsules.
Coating serves a number of purposes:
The process can be broken down into three different groups:
|2||Fluid Bed Coater|